Pages

February 14, 2009

My Valentine's Day Rant


Coldplay performed today in Kansai, and I didn't get to see the concert.
My husband went though...oh, by the way it is Valentine's Day...and he is out having dinner with co-workers...after they enjoyed the concert...

Did I mention that it is Valentine's Day?
In Japan, V-day is for girls to buy chocolates for their boyfriends, husbands and co-workers.  

There is a separate day, White Day on March 14th, set aside for guys to thank the people who gave them chocolates on V-day.  It is called White Day, because the candy industry in Japan wanted everyone to buy marshmallows...So, it is also known as Marshmalow Day.

Hmpf...

I don't need no marshmallow.   I do like them though...marshmallows...

I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me something as I sit here and type this at 9pm, Saturday night, Valentine's Day....
from one of my favorite sites the hubble telescope

I am going to go read now...

I just "realized" there is no legitimate reason for Valentine's Day to be celebrated in Japan...so there!

No comments: