Pages

February 2, 2009

all English Book Store in Kobe

I don't have a picture of the store...yet, but it is back in business.  The only all English book store that closed it's doors this January 15th has reopened!  It is now a 100% independent book seller.

Located at the southern tip of the Sanomiya Mall, it is now called Random Walk Books and is still on the second floor, 3rd shop down from the Chinese restaurant on the corner of the mall.

Right now they will be keeping the doors open every day of the week.  I'll try to post more details as soon as possible, but I just wanted to let anybody out there in the Kansai area know, that there is a place where you can get (or order) English books.  

For those of you who don't know the former store, it is unlike any of the other mega-chain book stores in Japan.  This one makes you feel like you've stumbled into an old shop back home with great books from science fiction to philosophy to choose from.

They are supposed to have a website online soon and I will be posting that link here too.

Please help support the only independent English bookstore in the Kansai area.  I know I will!


No comments: