Pages

August 16, 2009

fireworks, tomato dessert and my new phone

I will be visiting my mom in Fukuoka from tomorrow...I will probably not be able to do a whole lot of blogging this week since she doesn't have a computer...but with my current blogging rate, you won't even notice that I'm gone! lol

However, I will try to see if I can blog via my new phone...

Yep, you read right, my new phone:
I am a sucker for apple computers...
I have an i-pod too.... but I think my new i-phone is pretty....

Anywhooo...

Last week was packed with fun and work. I got to meet some friends and we had a great lunch and some sparkling wine...

I also treated myself to some interesting dessert that my husband found...
this is a "tomato tiramisu"

It was a little sweet and sour at the same time...not bad really!

There was also a fireworks festival not far from where I live. I got to catch a glimpse of it all between the surrounding buildings!

I'll try to get back on track with more photos and posts about Japanese culture as soon as I get back.

I'll be starting a new job in September but it should give me a lot to write about since I will be a "traveling sales person"! Autumn is my favorite season in Japan for so many reasons and I hope to share them with you too!

8 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Hey Tulsa, it seems we are all so busy as summer winds down but I myself have a TON of fall chores on the list!Work never ceases on a farm! I need a new phone but since I only use it if I leave the house which isn't often, I kep putting it off. HA!I am lazy when it comes to some things.

alaine@éclectique said...

Nice phone, Tulsa. The Tomato Tiramisu, I'm not sure about, maybe as an entree, rather than a sweet?

Enjoy your new job in September and your travels. Will look forward to your photos of different places.

Frances said...

Hello Tulsa,

Have a grand time visiting with your mom.

That tomato tiramisu looks very intriguing! Your new phone looks very sophisticated ... perfect accessory for your new job.

Looking forward to seeing your blogs about autumn in Japan. I also love that season.

xo

Zaa said...

Hi ...Never tried Tomatoe tiramisu , but you can bet I'll be looking for it( Ha Ha)..Enjoy your time in Fukuoka.
Roslind

Polly said...

Ah! Now that you have your new iPhone you totally belong with the blog camp crowd! I was the only one without an iPhone last weekend.

And that dessert does look interesting, I'm not entirely sure about it but I would give it a try.

I_am_Tulsa said...

Carol, I can only imagine how busy a farm must get in the fall! ...you are in no way lazy!

Alaine, hehehe I found some more interesting tomato sweets while visiting my mom!

Frances, thank you, it is still really hot here...I can't wait for autumn for so many reasons!

Roslind, It really wasn't that bad, the tomato tiramisu...hope you find it!

Polly, Oooh, I have never been one to be in the "in crowd", it is nice to know that there are mac fans among us! ...so, are you going to get an i-phone too? no pressure! ;-)

Lynne said...

tomato tirimisu... hmmmm, sounds yum

julochka said...

yay for iPhones. and for strange tomato...desserts...i do think the japanese eat weird stuff sometimes. like sea urchin. whose idea was that?