Pages

February 23, 2010

A chair made of cardboard and beer with foam so thick you could eat it with a spoon!

Just a few random things that I saw within the last few days...

The chair was one of many stools that was at a small organic yogurt shop in Kyoto. The yogurt was great but I forgot to take a picture of it because the chairs were so neat! They were very sturdy!

The beer was one of many that my colleagues were enjoying after a long day in Osaka. The foam was amazingly thick and everyone said it was delicious. I did not have the pleasure because I chose to drink Ginger ale instead.... I have not been able to drink a whole lot these days because I get drunk easily when I am tired.... so sad!

I wonder if this has to do with my age too. I'll be 39 in a few months... which means this will be my last year of being in my 30s.... yikes!

In Japan right now, people in my age group are called "Arafo". This is actually taken from the English "around forty". Women in this age group are hard working career women and do not seem to be marrying as much as other older generations used to. It seems we have more freedom these days and some people chose not to marry. So now there are a lot of dating companies trying to help women find a partner, there are also lots of companies targeting their sales toward this age group of unmarroed but fairly well off women.

Around forty... I could never imagine myself in this age before but now that it is here I .... Well... I still feel like I'm 19!

4 comments:

Carol Murdock said...

Tulsa...age is only a number, you are as young as you feel! 19 is pretty good girl! Love the pics!

Delwyn said...

Hi Tulsa

well I'm late 50s and still feel 20....the body may say otherwise! but I feel great...

I think that your enjoyment of a beer may improve with age...I didn't take up corona and lime until I was mid fifties and I love it! Until then I didn't drink at all!

Happy days

Frances said...

Tulsa, it's always a pleasure to see a post from you. I think that this still-new job of yours is very demanding. I hope that it is somewhat fun and very rewarding.

The photos you've posted of the beer glass and the cardboard chair are so funny. Yes, they do have much in common in their design. It's funny to compare the scale of that that same shape, right-side up and up-side down.

Hoping that your time off was refreshing.

xo

Frances said...

Hello again, Tulsa.

I know that you are super busy, but I have taken the liberty of tagging you over at my place.

I hope that you might find a little bit of time somewhere to play.

Cheers! xo